Download this episode
Yung Chou welcomes Sr. Program Manager, David Johnson to the show as they discuss how Microsoft IT migrated over 185,000 internal SharePoint sites and portals to the cloud. Learn how Microsoft IT approached their move to the cloud as they share best practices, tips and tricks and lessons learned that you can take to your own IT environment.
- [2:10] How did Microsoft approach their move to the cloud?
- [5:10] What are some migration options to moving to the cloud?
- [10:45] What was the biggest challenges you faced?
- [13:45] How did Microsoft decide which sites to migrate?
- [16:17] Any tips on how to assess your on-premise assets?
- [18:53] How did you address any security concerns for moving to the cloud?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- The Microsoft IT Portals Journey, On-Premises to Office 365
- Microsoft IT shares cloud migration insights
- Optimizing network performance for Microsoft Office 365
- Reinventing the modern business ecosystem
- How Microsoft IT manages and governs the internal SharePoint environment
- How Microsoft IT uses Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365
- Check for roundtable SharePoint discussions
- SharePoint Online pricing
- SharePoint product site: Learn the new way to work together
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.