Kevin Remde welcomes “Migration Mark” from the Building Clouds blog series on TechNet to discuss best practices for migrating your virtual machines to Microsoft Hyper-V as well as some free virtual machine migration tools that are available. Check out this great discussion on MAP 8.5, MVMC and the Migration Automation Toolkit (MAT) .
- [1:58] Could you briefly summarize the benefits of migrating to a Microsoft-based cloud solution?
- [6:49] What is the difference between a Conversion and a Migration?
- [9:25] What tools specifically does Microsoft provide for moving workloads from VMware vSphere to Microsoft’s Hyper-V virtualization?
- [23:30] What tools are available from outside Microsoft?
- [25:16] Are there options for customers that want to move workloads from VMware to Windows Azure?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Kevin Remde's Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds Blog…building hybrid clouds that can support any device from anywhere.
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit
- Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter Solution Accelerator
- Migration Automation Toolkit (MAT)
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) - What’s New in 2012 R2 - Empowering People-Centric IT
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) What’s New in 2012 R2 – Transforming the Datacenter
- TechNet Radio: (Part 3) What’s New in 2012 R2: Enabling Modern Business