Kevin Remde welcomes Bruno Saille to the show as they discuss the SQL Server Self-Service Kit and how it works with System Center 2012 to help automate SQL Server deployments. Tune in as they discuss how the self-service kits works, which System Center components are required as well as what plans are in store for the next release.
- [1:46] What is the SQL Server Self-Service Kit? What problem is it trying to solve?
- [4:16] What components are needed to take advantage of this kit?
- [5:24] Do you have any recommended hardware minimums, or is it really just going to work in any environment that already supports the Microsoft System Center based private cloud?
- [6:32] What about using System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager to manage VMware virtualization? Will that work?
- [7:49] DEMO: SQL Server Self-Service Kit Overview
- [13:55] DEMO: Can you share with us some of the future plans for the next release?
- [19:00] DEMO: SQL Server Self-Service Kit in action “Fully automated deployment of SQL Server workloads on Windows Server”
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Kevin Remde's Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds Blog...building hybrid clouds that can support any device from anywhere.
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) - What's New in 2012 R2 - Empowering People-Centric IT
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) What's New in 2012 R2 – Transforming the Datacenter
- TechNet Radio: (Part 3) What's New in 2012 R2: Enabling Modern Business