Download this episode
Tommy Patterson welcomes Sr. Security Engineer Varun Sharma to the show as they discuss how Microsoft IT secured their applications for the cloud. Tune in as they chat about the security process MSIT goes through when they move an application into the cloud as well as what user authentication considerations, risks and deployment techniques they must consider.
- [1:47] How do security or compliance requirements play a role in selecting applications?
- [5:28] Once an application has been selected to be moved to the cloud, how does MSIT build security into it? Is there a process that is followed?
- [7:08] What about user authentication to web sites that hosted on Windows Azure? Does the design change for that as well vs. on-premise hosted web sites?
- [8:50] What about phone or windows 8 modern apps? How do they authenticate to services that are hosted on azure?
- [12:10] What are some of the unique risks or security issues that apply to azure applications?
- [15:54] How are these applications deployed securely to Windows Azure?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Articles:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.