Download this episode
Tommy Patterson welcomes Principal Program Manager Rob Van Winkle to the show as they discuss how Microsoft IT successfully deployed Windows 8.1 internally using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. Tune in as they discuss how MSIT enabled this dynamic end-user centric approach to their organization.
- [3:01] Give us an overview of your role and what you were trying to accomplish.
- [4.04 What was the solution?
- [6:13] Were there any end-user problems?
- [9:32] How was reporting accomplished? How were you able to measure successful and failed deployments?
- [10:32] What was the end-user experience? How did MSIT communicate this upgrade to employees?
- [12:08] From an Active Directory Rights perspective, were there any modifications that needed to be made?
- [14:29] Let’s talk about the support side. How did this deployment compare to the last major Windows deployment from a Help Desk POV?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.