Tommy Patterson welcomes Principal IT Enterprise Architect, Laura Hunter to the show as they discuss how Microsoft IT has internally simplified the authentication process for its employees and their devices using Microsoft Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Tune in as they chat about how Microsoft uses MFA to scale this two factor authentication method to over 130k+ employees and over 300+k devices while also enabling users on non-domain machines to be able to reset their own passwords without calling helpdesk.
- [2:30] Define multifactor authentication in the industry.
- [4:50] How does Microsoft IT handle authentication currently and what problems were they trying to solve with Azure MFA?
- [7:20] How does MFA work with Active Directory?
- [9:23] Can you talk to us about MFA’s ADFS Integration?
- [13:01] What are the biggest challenges Microsoft faced deploying MFA?
- [17:37] What are the business benefits to Azure MFA?
- [20:50] Best Practices and advice for Enterprises wanting to use MFA
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Software startup? Save $$$ with FREE Azure cloud hosting, software tools & expert assistance from Microsoft BizSpark! Join TODAY and learn more during weekly #BizSparkChat sessions: http://aka.ms/BizSparkChat
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.