Tommy Patterson welcomes Sr. Service Engineer Kunal Kaushik to the show as they discuss how Microsoft IT uses Direct Access to enable workers to work remotely. Tune in as they chat about how MSIT deployed DirectAccess globally using Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 and how by implementing this solution they were able to reduce support costs, increase business agility and improve remote management for IT.
- [2:38] What is DirectAccess and how did we deploy it?
- [6:18] How did you help users get a better geographical authentication point when they logged in remotely?
- [8:32] So how is this product lowering our costs?
- [9:55] Is there a team dedicated to administration or are they doing full support?
- [11:58] How does this improve a business’s agility? For example, disaster recovery?
- [14:06] What improvements have been made for VPN?
- [15:40] How do you use virtual smart cards?
- [19:12] How does DirectAccess keep non-work traffic, like web surfing, out of the secure tunnel?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Articles: