Microsoft MVP Siegfried Jagott hosts this Exchange Ideas episode and in today’s show he welcomes Brian Day and Kanika Ramji from the Exchange team as they discuss anything and everything public folders for Exchange Server 2013. Tune in for this in-depth Q&A session and learn about the top FAQs from requirements, migration & deployment, management and backup.
Click here to read the full article!
- [1:15] What’s new with modern public folders compared to legacy public folders?
- [2:18] How are public folders stored in mailboxes? When I run out of public folder mailbox space are new ones created automatically?
- [6:33] How do you migrate from traditional public folders to modern public folders?
- [7:24] How do you migrate your public folders to Exchange Online? Do I need a hybrid deployment?
- [8:27] Can on-premise users access their public folders in Exchange Online and vice-versa?
- [9:30] Are there tips and tricks available for a successful migration?
- [10:40] What management tools are available to manage my public folders?
- [12:04] How do you backup and restore modern public folders?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- I am MEC: Microsoft Exchange Community
- Exchange Server TechCenter
- EHLO Blog
- The Exchange Team Blog - “Public Folders and Exchange Online”
- “How to Migrate Public Folders to Exchange 2013 from Previous Versions”
- “Migrate Legacy Public Folders to Exchange Online”
Free Microsoft Trials:
- Exchange Server 2013
- Download Microsoft Private Cloud Evaluation Software
- Download Windows Server 2012
- Download Your FREE Copy of Hyper-V Server 2012
- 90 Day Free Trial of Windows Azure
- Download Windows 8