Download this episode
Dan Stolts and Jose Barreto are back for this episode on Shared Virtual Disks in Windows Server 2012 R2. Tune in as they go in depth on what the key new features and benefits are, how it works as well as how to deploy it.
- [1:29] What is Virtual Disk Sharing and what are the key benefits?
- [3:30] Are we are able to maintain portability?
- [8:35] Does this work with Gen 1 and Gen 2 Virtual machines?
- [11:53] What is Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) and how has it changed?
- [14:52] Can you talk about when an admin might chose Scale-out vs CSV
- [19:17] Are there limitations with the Guest OS's supported?
- [21:52] Are storage spaces required? What are the requirements?
- [25:12] DEMO: How to Configure Share Virtual Disks
- [31:31] Is there a way to see what machines are on a particular storage destination?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.