Matt Hester welcomes Marc Farely from StorSimple, a cloud integrated storage which provides primary storage, backup and disaster recovery to your on-premise datacenter. Tune in as they discuss the benefits of a hybrid cloud solution as well as how StorSimple can drastically cut storage costs and increase data protection for enterprises.
Visit StorSimple’s website and request a demo today.
- [5:34] What is so different about hybrid cloud storage with StorSimple and Windows Azure.
- [8:12] How do you address customer fears like security when the topic of storing their data in the cloud comes up?
- [10:45] What does StorSimple do? Why should customers consider this?
- [16:50] How does StorSimple compare with other new storage products and technologies, particularly dedupe backup systems, cloud gateways and flash-based storage arrays.
- [20:40] What are some of the new cloud storage offerings recently announced as part of Windows Server 2012 R2 that integrate with Windows Azure?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Matt Hester’s blog
- Hybrid Cloud Storage Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Visit StorSimple’s website and request a demo today
- (Part 1) Infrastructure as a Service – Windows Azure Virtual Machines & What's in it for You
- (Part 2) Windows Azure Virtual Machine FAQs
- (Part 3) Hybrid Windows Azure IaaS Scenarios – Migrating SharePoint to Windows Azure
- (Part 4) Infrastructure as a Service: Windows Azure vs. Amazon & Rackspace
- (Part 5) Infrastructure as a Service - Windows Azure Licensing Options
- (Part 6) Infrastructure as a Service - Windows Azure and System Center 2012
- (Part 7) Infrastructure as a Service - Windows Azure and PowerShell
- (Part 8) An Interview with Mark Russinovich on Windows Azure & Security