Support for Windows XP ends this month. No big deal you say? Well not so fast my friends. Tune in as Blain Barton interviews Tim Rains, Director of Trustworthy Computing at Microsoft as he lays out the many security risks you open yourself and your organization up to by running Windows XP.
- [3:44] What are the kind of security risks folks may face as support of XP ends?
- [4:48] How does Microsoft protect its customers from security threats?
- [6:11] What exactly does Windows XP end of support mean?
- [8:38] What is risk of continuing to run XP?
- [14:48] What motivates cyber attackers?
- [18:17] What is ransomware?
- [21:48] What are some typical threats users should expect against Windows XP?
- [30:26] What should people do if they’re running Windows XP?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Blogs & Articles:
- Blain Barton's Blog
- Windows Springboard Series Blog
- Microsoft Security Blog
- “Cyber threats to Windows XP and guidance for Small Businesses and Individual Consumers”
- “The Countdown Begins: Support for Windows XP Ends on April 8, 2014”