Dan Stolts welcomes Tony Asaro to the show as they take an in-depth look at the overall virtualization landscape and the many factors companies need to consider when thinking about their virtualization needs. Tune in as they discuss Hyper-V vs. VMware, Live Migration and Hyper-V Replica as well as how to manage your virtualization solutions with System Center 2012.
- [3:11] As a consultant and systems architect what are you hearing in the field as it relates to the virtualization landscape?
- [4:32] What do you think are the primary forces that play into the decision for how companies start looking at Hyper-V over VMware?
- [7:06] What kind of workloads are companies porting to Hyper-V?
- [8:59] What pace do you see companies moving at to roll out changes. Is it a rip and replace, or a migration or a bit of both?
- [10:18] Do you see more small businesses caring about Virtualization?
- [12:00] Do you see people taking advantage of virtualization management technologies like System Center 2012?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Tony Asaro’s Blog – Contemplating IT
- Learn more about the Virtualization Technology Users Group (VTUG)
- ITProGuru vs. Systems Management & Private Cloud (Part 1)
- ITProGuru vs. Systems Management & Private Cloud (Part 2)
- ITProGuru vs. Virtualization
- ITProGuru vs. Servers in the Sky
- ITProGuru vs. Virtualization Community
- ITProGuru vs. Hyper-V Replica
- ITProGuru vs. Hyper-V Live (Part 1)
- ITProGuru vs. Hyper-V Live (Part 2)