Download this episode
Dan Stolts and Jose Barreto are back and in this episode they discuss networking configurations for Hyper-V over SMB in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Tune in as they chat about how networks should be configured as well as provide several scenarios and best practices.
- [2:21] Let’s do a quick recap of SMB and what Hyper-V over SMB is
- [4:59] How do we configure the network for Hyper-V over SMB?
- [10:14] Can we piggy back roles onto a small number of networks?
- [15:00] Do we have to use RDMA nics? if we do have them, should we use them? What are the most important components to use RDMA if we are limited to the number of RDMA nics we have?
- [19:12] How does Quality of Service play in the networking configuration?
- [27:40] What are the different types of RDMA nics and what do each do?
- [31:36] What best practices can you share with us?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Jose Barreto's Blog
- Read the article: "Networking configurations for Hyper-V over SMB in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2”
- Follow the series @ aka.ms/SMB3Series
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.