Keith Mayer and Yung Chou kick off their multi-part series on how to build a Private Cloud using System Center 2012 SP1. Tune in for part 1 as they discuss the difference between a Private Cloud and a Highly Virtualized Environment, how System Center 2012 components map to Private Cloud requirements as well as how the SP1 release allows for even greater improvements to managing your datacenters and applications.
- [1:43] What are the differences between a Private Cloud and a Highly Virtualized Environment?
- [10:04] How does System Center 2012 components map to Private Cloud requirements?
- [13:05] What's New in System Center 2012 Service Pack 1?
- [21:13] How about Networking enhancements?
- [40:07] Tell us about the protection improvements made for Hyper-V when using CSVs, Remote SMB, Live Migration and Windows Azure Online Backup
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Download Microsoft Private Cloud Evaluation Software
- Download Windows Server 2012
- Download Your FREE Copy of Hyper-V Server 2012
- 90 Day Free Trial of Windows Azure
Websites & Blogs:
The Windows Server 2012 "Early Experts" Challenge provides a FREE online study group with certification exam preparation materials for quickly learning about the latest version of Windows Server! The Challenge involves a series of Knowledge Quests - starting with the Apprentice Quest below - and each Quest ends with a special completion certificate for you to promote your new knowledge! To make it easy to participate, each Quest is developed in a modular format that you can complete based on your own schedule and availability.