Download this episode
Keith Mayer welcomes Andy Syrewicze, a Virtual Systems Administrator from Trivalent Group to the show as they kick off a multi-part series that examines Microsoft Hyper-V from a VMware Admin’s perspective. In this episode they’ll showcase the differences between managing virtual machine hardware resources between the two.
- [3:10] As an experienced VMware Admin, what’s some of the top capabilities that you look for in an enterprise-grade hypervisor
- [4:55] Does VMware support Hot operations across ALL Guest Operating Systems that you use in your environment?
- [8:30] DEMO: Hot-Add VM memory
- [11:33] DEMO: Hot adjusting VM processor resources
- [13:37] DEMO: How to Hot Add New Virtual Disks and Expand and Shrink Virtual Disks
- [15:58] DEMO: Hot-Move VM to new Virtual Network
- [17:58] DEMO: Hot-Add new virtual network port ACLs
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) Building Your Hybrid Cloud - Windows Server 2012 R2 Storage Foundation
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) Building Your Hybrid Cloud - Hyper-V Enhancements in Windows Server 2012 R2
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.