Kevin Remde welcomes Brad Anderson, Corporate Vice President for Windows Server and System Center to the show as they discuss the latest features and enhancements made in Windows Server & System Center 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014, Visual Studio 2013, Windows Intune as well as several new Windows Azure services. Tune in for part 1 of their series as they discuss the first of the three engineering pillars that guided the development of each of these products. Put Microsoft’s Cloud OS vision to work today!
- [3:06] How is Microsoft able to come out with new feature rich versions of its products so quickly?
- [7:38] With this “cloud OS strategy” in mind, can you give us an overview of the three main engineering pillars each of these products are based on?
- [10:12] Let’s discuss the first pillar – Empowering people-centric IT. What does this entail?
- [14:08] What products specifically are we adding functionality to so that we can support our users in this way?
- [17:10] How can IT support this kind of scenario?
- [22:52] How does IT protect corporate data in a BYOD world?
- [26:25] What’s the significance of “Work Folders”?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Kevin Remde's Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds Blog…building hybrid clouds that can support any device from anywhere.
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) - What’s New in 2012 R2 - Empowering People-Centric IT
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) What’s New in 2012 R2 – Transforming the Datacenter
- TechNet Radio: (Part 3) What’s New in 2012 R2: Enabling Modern Business