Concluding our special “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Keith Mayer welcomes back Jeff Fattic to the show as they discuss how Visual Studio Online can help DevOps organizations optimize the performance of their applications.
- [2:16] How does Visual Studio Online help organizations monitor the performance of their applications?
- [5:16] Can Application Insights notify me proactively when performance issues are occurring?
- [6:00] Can Application Insights help me track and ensure availability of my deployed applications world-wide?
- [6:32] Can Application Insights help me understand how my users are actually using my deployed applications?
- [8:16] What about an application that is generating exceptions? Can Application Insights help my Developers and Ops teams work together to identify the issue and reduce "finger pointing"?
- [11:08] Does Application Insights require me to deploy applications to Azure, or can I also continue to deploy some applications on-premises and still monitor them?
- [13:12] How can I configure Application Insights for an application? Is it difficult?
- [13:50] DEMO: Application Insights
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Software startup? Save $$$ with FREE Azure cloud hosting, software tools & expert assistance from Microsoft BizSpark! Join TODAY and learn more during weekly #BizSparkChat sessions:
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Keith Mayer’s Blog
- Jeff Fattic’s blog
- Follow the series! “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud”
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- (Part 1) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - What is "DevOps" and Why is it Important for IT Pros?
- (Part 2) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - How Does Microsoft Azure and the Cloud align with DevOps?
- (Part 3) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Enabling Self-Service On-Demand Developer Environments in the Cloud
- (Part 4) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Source Control in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure & Visual Studio Online
- (Part 5) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Testing in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Online
- (Part 6) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Automating for Predictability
- (Part 7) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Configuration Management
- (Part 8) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Rollback Plan? What rollback plan?
- (Part 9) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Scaling Cloud Applications