Continuing their Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 SP1 series, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou walk us through the steps needed to dynamically optimize our virtual machines. Tune in as they show us how to set the reserve capacity for our hosts, balance VM loads, set-up auto live migrations and optimize our power consumption.
- [1:08] Recap: Building a Private Cloud
- [4:33] How important is Dynamic Optimization?
- [11:25] DEMO: How to optimize the utilization of our Fabric
- [12:05] DEMO: How to set reserve capacity for our hosts
- [16:05] DEMO: How to balance the VM load
- [18:06] DEMO: How to set up Auto Live Migration
- [22:49] DEMO: How to optimize our power consumption
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Become an "Early Expert" at IT Pros ROCK!
The Windows Server 2012 "Early Experts" Challenge provides a FREE online study group with certification exam preparation materials for quickly learning about the latest version of Windows Server! The Challenge involves a series of Knowledge Quests - starting with the Apprentice Quest below - and each Quest ends with a special completion certificate for you to promote your new knowledge! To make it easy to participate, each Quest is developed in a modular format that you can complete based on your own schedule and availability.
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- (Part 1) Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 - Introduction
- (Part 2) Laying the Foundation with Windows Server 2012
- (Part 3) Deploying & Upgrading to System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 4) Configuring Storage Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 5) Configuring Network Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 6) Configuring Compute Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 7) Creating & Delegating Private Clouds in Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 8) Deploying & Managing Private Cloud Applications
- (Part 9) Updating the Private Cloud Fabric
- (Part 10) Protecting Your Private Cloud with Data Protection Manager