In Part 2 of their Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 SP1, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou lay out the foundation of your Private Cloud by expanding on the features of Windows Server 2012. Tune in as they discuss Scale-up and Scale-out scenarios, how to configure NIC teaming and failover clustering.
- [2:34] What are some of the benefits of Scale-Up and Scale-Out with Windows Server 2012?
- [6:39] Can you describe a Scale-Up Scenario for us?
- [11:31] DEMO: Scale-Up Scenario
- [20:52] DEMO: How to Configure Network Teaming
- [29:09] DEMO: Failover Clustering & Cluster Aware Updating
- [35:04] What is an example of a Scale-Out scenario?
- [38:25] DEMO: Scale-Out Scenario
The Windows Server 2012 "Early Experts" Challenge provides a FREE online study group with certification exam preparation materials for quickly learning about the latest version of Windows Server! The Challenge involves a series of Knowledge Quests - starting with the Apprentice Quest below - and each Quest ends with a special completion certificate for you to promote your new knowledge! To make it easy to participate, each Quest is developed in a modular format that you can complete based on your own schedule and availability.
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Download Microsoft Private Cloud Evaluation Software
- Download Windows Server 2012
- Download Your FREE Copy of Hyper-V Server 2012
- 90 Day Free Trial of Windows Azure
Websites & Blogs:
- Keith Mayer’s Blog
- Yung Chou’s Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- Get Started with the FREE Hyper-V Server 2012
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster - Part 1 of 2
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster - Part 2 of 2
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.