Kevin Remde and Yuri Diogenes are back for Part 2 of their BYOD solution series and in today’s episode they explore some of the technologies from Microsoft and how you can implement them into your organization’s BYOD strategy.
- [2:39] Let's talk about device registration and management of BYOD devices. How can IT organizations do this?
- [6:45] How does a user-owned device get granted secured access into a company’s environment?
- [9:17] What is the purpose of the “Web Application Proxy” found in Windows Server 2012 R2 Active Directory?
- [12:25] Let’s talk about file access. How does an end-user’s personal, non-domain-joined computer access a company’s secure documents?
- [19:50] Do I have a way of setting up and connecting with a VPN on my personal device? Is there a better way to do this?
- [22:23] Can Microsoft support single-sign-on for domain-secured resources as well as for access to other managed resources like Office 365 or cloud-based applications?
- [27:00] What about other forms of authentication? Does this architecture support multi-factor authentication?
Download the "BYOD Survival Guide" Here!
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) - What's New in 2012 R2 - Empowering People-Centric IT
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) What's New in 2012 R2 – Transforming the Datacenter
- TechNet Radio: (Part 3) What's New in 2012 R2: Enabling Modern Business