Kevin Remde welcomes back Jeff Woolsey to the show for Part 2 of their three part “Virtualization: Did you Know…” series and in today’s episode they cover four more quick facts about Microsoft’s Virtualization solution.
- [2:50] Did you know…”Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 supports twice the physical memory, twice the number of active VMs per host, and 32 times the maximum virtual disk size compared to vSphere 5.1 or 5.5”
- [7:33] Did you know…”With Hyper-V, you can perform unlimited simultaneous live migrations?”
- [11:44] DEMO – Live Migration
- [14:53] Did you know…”Windows Server 2012 includes features like network and storage virtualization at no extra charge (unlike our competitors)?”
- [22:04] Did you know…”The storage enhancements in Windows Server 2012 can help you reduce your high availability storage costs by almost half.”
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Kevin Remde's Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds Blog...building hybrid clouds that can support any device from anywhere.
- Learn more! Visit Virtualizationsquared.com
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) - What's New in 2012 R2 - Empowering People-Centric IT
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) What's New in 2012 R2 – Transforming the Datacenter
- TechNet Radio: (Part 3) What's New in 2012 R2: Enabling Modern Business
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.