Download this episode
Kevin Remde and Brad Anderson, are back for part 2 of their "What's New in 2012 R2" series as they discuss the new and exciting "cloud OS vision" in the next wave of Microsoft's Server and System Center products. Tune in as they take a deep dive into how your business can transform its datacenter by harnessing the power of a hybrid cloud IT environment.
- [3:05] What does “Transform the Datacenter” mean exactly?
- [8:31] Why is it important for Microsoft to support Linux? What specifically has Microsoft done to better support Linux as a virtualized workload on Hyper-V in Server 2012 R2?
- [15:17] What are the IaaS trends that you’re seeing – and what are the trends that Microsoft is driving?
- [19:20] When we talk about supporting IaaS and the datacenter components of the infrastructure, we break it up into the three areas of Network, Compute, and Storage. What are some improvements made in each of these areas?
- [36:37] Let’s talk about Identity Management. What are the implications of using cloud-based services?
- [44:57] Is Windows Azure Active Directory just for authentication against Microsoft services and how can we enable Single Sign-on?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Kevin Remde's Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds Blog…building hybrid clouds that can support any device from anywhere.
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) - What’s New in 2012 R2 - Empowering People-Centric IT
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) What’s New in 2012 R2 – Transforming the Datacenter
- TechNet Radio: (Part 3) What’s New in 2012 R2: Enabling Modern Business
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.