Download this episode
Like what you heard? Try Windows Azure for FREE and enjoy the freedom to use your preferred OS, language, database or tool. Windows Azure can help you deploy sites to a highly scalable environment, deploy and run virtual machines, and create highly scalable applications in a rich PaaS environment. Give it a try!
We’re here for part 2 of our Windows Azure IaaS series and in this episode we tackle the top Windows Azure Virtual Machines FAQs and common gotchas. Tune in for this Q&A session and get the answers to some of the most common issues we’ve seen customers run into plus stick around for a quick demo on how to setup and create your own virtual network.
- [1:48] Help! My Virtual Machine disappeared!! What happened?
- [5:44] What is the Temporary Drive(D:) and why should I be worried about it?
- [7:30] Are VHDs deleted by default when you delete virtual machines?
- [10:03] Can I use PowerShell in Azure?
- [11:25] Why am I having RDP connectivity problems?
- [15:20] What about securing my Azure Virtual Machine? What do I need to know?
- [19:32] Virtual Networks 101: What is it and why is it important?
- [23:12] DEMO: How to create a Virtual Network in Windows Azure
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Blogs & Articles:
- Matt Hester’s Blog
- Hari Dogiparthi’s Blog
- Read the article: “Windows Azure Virtual Machines FAQs and Common Gotchas”
- Read the article: “Security Best Practices for Windows Azure”
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.