In Part 3 of our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Blain Barton and Keith Mayer turn the conversation towards enabling self-service on demand Developer environments in the cloud. Learn how you can use Microsoft Azure along with System Center 2012 R2 App Controller and the Azure Pack to increase work efficiency across your organization.
- [1:16] It seems like Dev and Test environments have been a key workload that organizations are considering for the Cloud. What do you think makes Dev/Test so attractive for the Cloud?
- [3:44] What's the best way to consider licensing my Developers for provisioning Dev/Test workloads on Azure?
- [5:44] $150/mo sounds like a great starting point, but realistically how much can a Developer really do in Azure for $150 / mo?
- [8:04] I'm concerned about my developers spinning up their Azure MSDN subscriptions using individual Microsoft accounts. Can I somehow link these to my organization and Active Directory?
- [9:39] You mentioned that MSDN includes special prebuilt images for Azure? What do these images provide?
- [11:50] If I'm using my own custom developer images in my environment, can I upload these to Azure for my developers to leverage?
- [13:50] Lots of organizations have workloads that span on-premises and, potentially, public cloud ... Does Azure provide the ability to integrate with on-premises datacenter management?
- [16:50] DEMO: Azure Management Portal, System Center 2012 R2 App Controller, Azure Pack
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Software startup? Save $$$ with FREE Azure cloud hosting, software tools & expert assistance from Microsoft BizSpark! Join TODAY and learn more during weekly #BizSparkChat sessions:
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Blain Barton's Blog
- Keith Mayer's Blog
- Follow the series! “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud”
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- Article: “Step-by-Step: Enabling Self-Service On-Demand Developer Environments in the Cloud”
- Article: “Managing On-Demand Hybrid Clouds with System Center 2012 R2 App Controller”
- Article: “Getting Started with On-Demand Private Clouds using Windows Azure Pack”
- (Part 1) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - What is "DevOps" and Why is it Important for IT Pros?
- (Part 2) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - How Does Microsoft Azure and the Cloud align with DevOps?