Like what you heard? Try Windows Azure for FREE and enjoy the freedom to use your preferred OS, language, database or tool. Windows Azure can help you deploy sites to a highly scalable environment, deploy and run virtual machines, and create highly scalable applications in a rich PaaS environment. Give it a try!
In Part 3 of our Windows Azure IaaS series Matt Hester and Keith Mayer discuss common scenarios in which IT Pros may use Windows Azure as a hybrid solution between their on-premise and cloud service needs. Tune in as they discuss disaster recovery and storage as well as how to migrate your SharePoint environment to a VM running on Azure.
- [1:46] What is a Hybrid Cloud environment? Is this more appealing to IT Pros?
- [3:36] What are some common Hybrid Cloud scenarios? Let’s talk about storage and Disaster Recovery first…
- [9:09] What about SharePoint in an Azure VM?
- [11:02] What are some reasons why IT Pros are interested in hosting SharePoint on VMs in Azure?
- [13:21] How is this different than Office 365 SharePoint Online? What are the benefits in both scenarios?
- [16:01] DEMO: How should I plan out my Azure VM environment in this situation?
- [24:42] DEMO: How to Configure SharePoint in Azure Virtual Machines
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Blogs & Articles:
- Matt Hester’s Blog
- Keith Mayer’s Blog
- Read the article: “Rockford Construction Company Case Study”
- Read the article: “Step-by-Step: Build a FREE SharePoint 2013 Lab in the Cloud with Windows Azure”
- (Part 1) Infrastructure as a Service – Windows Azure Virtual Machines & What’s in it for You
- (Part 2) Windows Azure Virtual Machine FAQs