Download this episode
Kevin Remde and Brad Anderson, wrap up their 3 part What's New in 2012 R2 series and in today's episode they discuss how you can better enable modern business applications in your IT environment with the Windows Azure Pack. Tune in as they go in detail about how IT Pros will be able to impact their organization's cloud strategy as they highlight the new powerful features and flexible and dynamic cloud functionality found in the next wave of Microsoft's Server and System Center products.
- [1:20] What are “modern applications”, and what does it mean to enable them?
- [3:20] Why is it so important for IT Pros to understand how modern applications are built?
- [7:46] Why is the ability to run an Azure-like private cloud in my own datacenter important?
- [11:01] What is the Windows Azure Service Bus?
- [14:35] What is Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)?
- [18:07] How is the Microsoft PaaS solution different from that of our competitors?
- [19:00] Does my entire application need to be built as an architecture of PaaS roles?
- [20:35] If I build my application as PaaS or with PaaS components, am I locked-in to running those on Windows Azure?
- [24:32] How can IT Pros enable PaaS on the Windows Azure Pack?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Kevin Remde's Blog
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds Blog…building hybrid clouds that can support any device from anywhere.
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) - What’s New in 2012 R2 - Empowering People-Centric IT
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) What’s New in 2012 R2 – Transforming the Datacenter
- TechNet Radio: (Part 3) What’s New in 2012 R2: Enabling Modern Business
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.