Download this episode
In Part 4 of their Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 SP1, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou show us how to configure the storage fabric in Virtual Machine Manager. Tune in as they walk us through the process of adding different types of storage into our fabric such as file server storage (SMB 3.0) and block storage (iSCI, Fiber Channel , or SAS).
- [1:45] Recap: What is a Private Cloud?
- [5:42] Recap: Setting up the Private Cloud Foundation
- [7:03] Recap: System Center 2012 SP1 VMM Overview
- [7:57] Let’s Talk about Storage. What are some of the challenges that IT Pros face today regarding file storage?
- [13:29] How do I Configure the Storage Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager?
- [16:41] DEMO: Adding File Server Storage (SMB 3.0)
- [24:29] DEMO: Adding Block Storage (iSCI, FC, SAS)
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Become an "Early Expert" at IT Pros ROCK!
The Windows Server 2012 "Early Experts" Challenge provides a FREE online study group with certification exam preparation materials for quickly learning about the latest version of Windows Server! The Challenge involves a series of Knowledge Quests - starting with the Apprentice Quest below - and each Quest ends with a special completion certificate for you to promote your new knowledge! To make it easy to participate, each Quest is developed in a modular format that you can complete based on your own schedule and availability.
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- (Part 1) Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 - Introduction
- (Part 2) Laying the Foundation with Windows Server 2012
- (Part 3) Deploying & Upgrading to System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.