In Part 5 of our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Tommy Patterson welcomes Developer Technology Solutions Specialist Randy Pagels to the show as they discuss ways in which your DevOps organization can find effective testing methods by using Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Online.
- [2:00]Why is having an effective Testing process so critical when an organization is considering their DevOps strategy?
- [4:50] How does Visual Studio Online + Azure help to streamline and accelerate the testing process?
- [6:00] Performance is another area that Dev and Ops teams struggle with prior to the release of a solution, how can it be tested to determine what kind of load it can handle?
- [8:30] What's the difference between test plan management in Visual Studio Online vs Visual Studio Ultimate?
- [9:00] DEMO: Creating and walking through a web-based test plan in Visual Studio Online
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Software startup? Save $$$ with FREE Azure cloud hosting, software tools & expert assistance from Microsoft BizSpark! Join TODAY and learn more during weekly #BizSparkChat sessions:
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Tommy Patterson's blog
- Randy Pagel’s Blog
- Follow the series! “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud”
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- (Part 1) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - What is "DevOps" and Why is it Important for IT Pros?
- (Part 2) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - How Does Microsoft Azure and the Cloud align with DevOps?
- (Part 3) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Enabling Self-Service On-Demand Developer Environments in the Cloud
- (Part 4) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Source Control in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure & Visual Studio Online