We’re here for Part 5 of the Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 SP1 series, and in today’s episode Keith Mayer and Yung Chou show us how to configure network fabric in Virtual Machine Manager. Tune in for this demo heavy session as they show us how to architect our physical networks and bring them into VMM as they help us define our logical and VM networks and then create and assigning our switches and gateways.
- [3:32] Recap: How to manage Networking
- [13:05] How do you configure these network components into Virtual Machine Manager?
- [14:16] DEMO: Defining Two Logical Networks | Define Network Sites/ Subnets | Creating IP Pools
- [26:50 DEMO: How to Create VM Networks
- [38:44] What are logical switches?
- [43:03] DEMO: How to Create & Assign Logical Switches in Virtual Machine Manager
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Become an "Early Expert" at IT Pros ROCK!
The Windows Server 2012 "Early Experts" Challenge provides a FREE online study group with certification exam preparation materials for quickly learning about the latest version of Windows Server! The Challenge involves a series of Knowledge Quests - starting with the Apprentice Quest below - and each Quest ends with a special completion certificate for you to promote your new knowledge! To make it easy to participate, each Quest is developed in a modular format that you can complete based on your own schedule and availability.
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- (Part 1) Building a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 - Introduction
- (Part 2) Laying the Foundation with Windows Server 2012
- (Part 3) Deploying & Upgrading to System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
- (Part 4) Configuring Storage Fabric in Virtual Machine Manager
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.