Download this episode
Like what you heard? Try Windows Azure for FREE and enjoy the freedom to use your preferred OS, language, database or tool. Windows Azure can help you deploy sites to a highly scalable environment, deploy and run virtual machines, and create highly scalable applications in a rich PaaS & IaaS environment. Give it a try!
In today’s episode, Mark Rosenberg, a Technical Instructor at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers joins Matt Hester, as they chat about Windows Azure Licensing options. Tune in as they discuss all things licensing and pricing as well as the Windows Azure free trial, the WebMatrix tool, and on-premise versus the cloud.
- [7:20] What other things are in Windows Azure that an IT Pro might be interested in?
- [10:02] How can the WebMatrix tool help IT Pros and Developers with their websites?
- [14:10] Is WebMatrix just designed for Azure or can you point it to an IIS server?
- [15:28] What are some of the common questions and concerns you get about licensing?
- [23:22] Do you see more customers using one big virtual machine or a bunch of little ones?
- [26:55] Some people fear that Azure will “take their job”. Have you found that to be the case?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Blogs & Articles:
- (Part 1) Infrastructure as a Service – Windows Azure Virtual Machines & What’s in it for You
- (Part 2) Windows Azure Virtual Machine FAQs
- (Part 3) Hybrid Windows Azure IaaS Scenarios – Migrating SharePoint to Windows Azure
- (Part 4) Infrastructure as a Service: Windows Azure vs. Amazon & Rackspace
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.