Continuing our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Yung Chou welcomes Sr. Program Manager Charles Joy to the show as they discuss the be the importance of automation in your datacenter especially when it comes to advancing your DevOps strategy.
- [2:36] How does automation help organizations accelerate the delivery of new solutions as they move to the Cloud?
- [5:18] What tools and resources are available to help IT Pros get started with automation? Do they need to be a professional "scripter"?
- [6:04] Do IT Pros need to learn a different set of tools for automating each component?
- [6:26] If an IT Pro is automating cloud resources in Azure, do they have to spin up an entire set of infrastructure components just to handle automation? How does Azure automation organize and leverage these automation sequences?
- [7:22] How can Runbooks be triggered? Based on schedule? Based on other events?
- [8:24] Is Azure Automation extensible? Can I incorporate other PowerShell modules?
- [9:10] DEMO: Quick walkthrough of Azure Automation accounts, assets, runbooks, schedule
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Software startup? Save $$$ with FREE Azure cloud hosting, software tools & expert assistance from Microsoft BizSpark! Join TODAY and learn more during weekly #BizSparkChat sessions:
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Yung Chou's Blog
- Charles Joy’s Blog
- Follow the series! “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud”
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- Read the article - “Step-by-Step: Getting Started with Azure Automation”\
- Azure Automation Script Center
- (Part 1) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - What is "DevOps" and Why is it Important for IT Pros?
- (Part 2) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - How Does Microsoft Azure and the Cloud align with DevOps?
- (Part 3) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Enabling Self-Service On-Demand Developer Environments in the Cloud
- (Part 4) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Source Control in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure & Visual Studio Online
- (Part 5) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Testing in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Online