Download this episode
In part 7 of our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou welcome Sr. Program Manager Michael Greene to the show as they discuss the importance of configuration management for organizations that are starting to leverage the cloud for their daily operations. Tune in as they also demo PowerShell DSC and how it can be used with Azure.
- [2:30] When an organization is beginning to leverage the cloud, why is Configuration Management important?
- [5:01] How is Configuration Management different from Automation?
- [6:48] Is Configuration Management more than just initial provisioning?
- [10:29] What tools and resources are available to perform Configuration Management?
- [13:03] How does PowerShell DSC differ from PowerShell scripts?
- [15:11] Is PowerShell DSC specific to only Windows workloads?
- [17:23] DEMO: Can you show us how PowerShell DSC can be leveraged with Azure?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Software startup? Save $$$ with FREE Azure cloud hosting, software tools & expert assistance from Microsoft BizSpark! Join TODAY and learn more during weekly #BizSparkChat sessions:
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Keith Mayer’s Blog
- Yung Chou's Blog
- Michael Greene’s Blog
- Follow the series! “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud”
- Cloud Solutions Hub
- Building Clouds blog
- (Part 1) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - What is "DevOps" and Why is it Important for IT Pros?
- (Part 2) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - How Does Microsoft Azure and the Cloud align with DevOps?
- (Part 3) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Enabling Self-Service On-Demand Developer Environments in the Cloud
- (Part 4) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Source Control in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure & Visual Studio Online
- (Part 5) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Testing in the Cloud with Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Online
- (Part 6) Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud - Automating for Predictability
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.