Download this episode
Continuing their “Hyper-V from a VMware admin's perspective" series,Keith Mayer and Andy Syrewicze show us how to dynamically optimize and manage our virtual machine environment with System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). Tune in as they discuss and demo intelligent placement, and dynamic and power optimization capabilities.
- [3:10] What is dynamic workload balancing and why is it important?
- [5:15] How does this feature look in Hyper-V and System Center Virtual Machine Manager vs. VMware vSphere?
- [7:40] What does dynamic workload balancing management look like in VMM?
- [10:00] DEMO: Intelligent Placement in VMM
- [25:10] DEMO: Dynamic Optimization in VMM
- [32:00] DEMO: Power Optimization in VMM
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- (Part 1) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - Managing Virtual Machine Hardware Resources
- (Part 2) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - Live VM Migration in Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- (Part 3) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - Storage Options
- (Part 4) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - High Availability
- (Part 5) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - Virtual Machine and Service Templates
- (Part 6) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin’s Perspective - Disaster Recovery with Hyper-V Replica
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.