Download this episode
In this installment of our "Hyper-V from a VMware admin's perspective" series, Keith Mayer and Andy Syrewicze discuss support for guest operating systems in Hyper-V. Tune in as they go in depth on supported server and client operating systems as well demo for us how Linux is supported in Hyper-V.
- [5:08] What does “supported” mean in terms of Guest Operating Systems on Hyper-V?
- [9:30] Did you say Linux? How strong is Linux support on Hyper-V?
- [10:57] DEMO: Scenarios for Guest OS Support
- [11:20] Where can I find a list of supported server and client operating systems for Hyper-V?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- (Part 1) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - Managing Virtual Machine Hardware Resources
- (Part 2) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - Live VM Migration in Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- (Part 3) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - Storage Options
- (Part 4) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - High Availability
- (Part 5) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - Virtual Machine and Service Templates
- (Part 6) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin's Perspective - Disaster Recovery with Hyper-V Replica
- (Part 7) Hyper-V from a VMware Admin’s Perspective - Dynamic Workload Balancing
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.