Download this episode
Principal Program Manager from the Windows File Server team, Claus Joergensen joins Bob Hunt and Jose Barreto as they discuss how and why you would want to implement SQL Server 2012 over SMB 3.0. Tune in as they chat about the benefits, how to set it up as well as address any potential concerns you may have such as performance issues.
After watching this video, follow these next steps:
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Bob Hunt’s Blog
- Jose Barreto’s Blog
- “Windows Server 2012 Scale-Out File Server for SQL Server 2012 - Step-by-step Installation”
- TechNet Radio: Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V over SMB
- TechNet Radio: Windows Server 2012 - How to Scale-Out a File Server using Hyper-V
- TechNet Radio: Hyper-V over SMB: Step-by-Step Installation using PowerShell
- TechNet Radio: SMB Multi-channel Basics for Windows Server 2012 and SMB 3.0
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.