Dan Stolts welcomes back Jose Barreto to the show as they discuss what’s new in SMB for Windows Server 2012 R2. Tune in as they chat about all of the new features and functionality for Server Message Block (SMB) and how these improvements will affect your datacenter.
- [2:10] SMB 3 offers some new improved SMB bandwidth Management. Can you share a bit with us about the three traffic types and how they are different?
- [3:54] SMB 3.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2 offers new automatically rebalancing of Scale-Out File Server Clients. Can you tell us about this excellent technology for improving scalability and improving efficiency?
- [8:38] What about the new capabilities including SMB Multichannel and high speed migrations with low CPU utilization?
- [13:24] Can you share a bit about SMB over RDMA?
- [20:37] What are VHDX files and how does it work in terms of storage inside virtual machines?
- [25:30] SMB 1.0 is now an optional feature. Why?
- [28:48] What about SMB event messages?
Experience Microsoft's latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Websites & Blogs:
- Jose Barreto’s Blog
- Read the article: “What’s New in SMB in Windows Server 2012 R2”
- Follow the series @ aka.ms/SMB3Series