Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 adds several new and exciting features which will radically change how software can be deployed to users in businesses of various sizes.
Johan Arwidmark and Kent Agerlund will be presenting a day-long PreConference seminar at TechEd (both in North America and Europe) which will take users through a very detailed examination of how to leverage the capabilities of Configuration Manager. I was able to meet up with them recently to discuss Configuration Manager and learn about why it is an important technology to help businesses manage software deployment on their network.
Here are some additional links which you might find useful:
- TechEd North America PreCon Seminars - June 10th (https://northamerica.msteched.com/preconferenceseminars)
- TechEd Europe PreCon Seminars - June 25th (https://europe.msteched.com/PreCons#PRC04)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/system-center/configuration-manager-2012.aspx)
You can find more details and information about the upcoming release of Configuration Manager here, as well as download a Release Candidate version of the software.
- TechNet Coverage of System Center Configuration Manager (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682129.aspx)
Here you will find technical documentation and information about how to use Configuration Manager
- Deployment Research (http://www.deploymentresearch.com/)
Johan Arwidmark's site where he shares insights and details about deployment and migration technologies.
- CoreTech (http://blog.coretech.dk/author/kea/)
This is Kent Agerlund's blog that he mentioned on the show, and where he focuses on how to use Configuration Manager.