We are just two weeks away from TechEd Europe and Rick and Joey are back to give you the information you need in order to get around the city safely and easily. Here is the summary:
When you arrive:
When you arrive at the Barcelona-El Prat International Airport, we recommend that you take the complimentary TechEd shuttle service directly to the Fira Barcelona Gran Via to check-in for the conference! A welcome desk will be located in the luggage claim area of both terminals and staff will have hand-held signage. Shuttles will take you directly to the convention center where you can check in at Registration prior to transferring to your hotel.
Complimentary airport shuttle service between both terminals at Barcelona airport and the Fira Barcelona Gran Via: Monday 27 October, 08:00 – 19:30, and Tuesday 28 October, 07:00 – 09:00.
Beat the rush:
We encourage you to take advantage of this free shuttle service and check in for TechEd before transferring to your hotel. You'll save time, money, and beat the Tuesday morning rush. Remember, the Keynote starts at 08:30 on Tuesday.
Registration check-in will take place in Hall 8 at the North Entrance to the convention center. Open hours will begin on Sunday at 14:00 for those who arrive early. You will receive your final barcode confirmation email on Thursday, October 16. Please print and bring it with you to Registration check-in, Badge Collection is located in the North Lobby.
From your hotel:
You can get to the Fira Barcelona Gran Via on the metro. A T-10 ticket (1 zone) will get you to and from the convention center, with 10 trips costing roughly 10€.
From Catalunya (which is at the city center) take the metro to Pl. Espanya (located on red line 1 and green line 3) and then change onto the FGC, going to the Europa Fira station (three stops from Espanya). You'll scan your ticket at Catalunya and again at Espanya, but it counts as one trip all the way through to the convention center. Return trip is just reversed—easy!
Tip: When using public transport, always choose the busiest part of the bus or metro.
Security tips for exploring the city:
We want your experience at TechEd Europe to be successful and safe. Take these precautions and you'll enjoy exploring beautiful Barcelona, with nothing to spoil the trip.
- When you check in at your hotel, keep an eye on your baggage. Don't leave your luggage behind you—keep it up front where you can see it at all times.
- Don't keep your wallet in your back pocket. Keep it on your person, up front, and keep track of it. If you don't need it, leave it in your hotel safe.
- Log-out of the conference when you leave the convention center. Take off your badge when you leave the Fira Barcelona Gran Via. When heading into the city, leave your badge, conference bag, and Microsoft branded clothing at your hotel, and blend in with the locals.
- Use the safe in your hotel room to keep your passport, wallet, return airline tickets, and electronics...safe. Carry a photocopy of your passport and leave your passport in the hotel safe.
- Don't go solo! Go with colleagues or make new friends to explore with. Don't wander around on your own.
- Only use a taxi that is obviously licensed and never share with strangers.
Don't miss out on this fantastic event! Make sure you register today for TechEd Barcelona.
We also would love for you to give us your feedback:
- Twitter: use the #tee14 hashtag or comment to @teched_europe
- Official Facebook Page: TechEd Europe
- Ask your questions in the Forums