The Ops Team is a new weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, all 4 of the guys make it into the studio but trouble with a particular HDMI dongle, combined with potential user-error on the tricaster means we're stuck on the single video angle this week! Oh and we only realized during the editing process! Doh!
In the news, Rick talks about his new favorite hat, specifically a Red Hat, with the news that Red Hat Enterprise Linux is soon going to be a supported workload within Microsoft Azure virtual machines, and additionally, he sparks a debate on the Hokey Cokey vs. the Hokey Pokey. David gives us a heads up on the use of Kanban to stay on top of your tasks. Matt brings us up to speed with the latest announcements in the Operations Management Suite, specifically around Linux support, along with some cool stats on deploying VHDX files onto the Resilient File System (ReFS). Finally, Simon wraps up talking about his use of Trello, along with a deeply technical TechNet article on controlling the health of Windows 10 devices!
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus
- [02:09] - Red Hat Enterprise Linux on Microsoft Azure Announcement and Webcast
- [05:26] - Azure Automation with Joe Levy and Jeffrey Snover
DevOps with David Tesar
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
- [13:43] - Operations Management Suite Agent for Linux Availability
- [16:03] - Advanced VHDX Operations with ReFS on Windows Server 2016
- [19:00] - Windows Server 2016 Software-defined Networking Blog Post
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
- [19:36] - How Simon uses Trello via a book with a really long title
- [21:47] - TechNet article: Control the health of Windows 10-based devices
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.