The Ops Team is a new weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, the guys are scattered across the globe, with Rick and Matt 'down under', on the Gold Coast, speaking at Microsoft Ignite Australia 2015. Simon hits the UK, followed by Florida, while David is confined to his office!
In the news, Rick brings you up to speed on some the Azure-specific announcements from the Connect(); // 2015 event. Matt makes a global announcement that both the Technical Preview 4 of Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 are available and discusses some of the new capabilities that are in the release. David discusses some of the DevOps-related materials available at the Connect(); // 2015 event via his tiny video window and finally, Simon spills the beans on some new capabilities coming to Intune.
As an added bonus, this is the first episode with a couple of outtakes that are definitely worth watching! Stay watching through the end of the closing animation! ;) Apologies for the wind noise, but if you watch the outtakes, you'll understand!
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus
- [03:11] - Announcements from the Connect(); // 2015 event
- [06:07] - Azure Stack
- [07:11] - Ignite Australia Sessions on Channel 9
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
- [08:43] - Announcing Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 TP4
- [09:49] - What's new in Nano Server in TP4
- [11:47] - Hyper-V Containers and Nested Virtualization
- [13:19] - My sessions at Ignite Australia 2015
DevOps with David Tesar
- [14:20] - DevOps sessions at the Connect(); // 2015 event
- [15:23] - DevOps Enterprise Summit - Jeffrey Snover session
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.