The Ops Team is a new weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, Rick, Matt and Simon make it into the studio, whilst 'the new guy', Oguz, gets his timezones mixed up and misses the recording slot! By the power of editing, I catch up with him in his office later, to bring you the latest in the world of DevOps.
In the news, Rick brings you up to speed on some the updates on the Azure Portal, along with new services such as the Azure Backup Server and the Container Services. Oguz gives us more depth on the Azure Container Service, as well as the gossip on Visual Studio Team Services. Matt gives us the lowdown on more innovation in OMS, along with his Hyper-V challenges over the last week, and finally, Simon gives us the news on some new Intune capabilities, along with some Azure AD news.
As is becoming customary on The Ops Team, aside from still having a dysfunctional dongle, this week's incorrectly configured AV component was Matt's microphone, only noticed after the shoot! Doh!
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus
- [03:45] - General Availability of the Azure Portal
- [06:50] - Announcing Microsoft Azure Backup Server
- [08:08] - Azure Container Service Preview
- [09:11] - Announcing availability of Debian GNU/Linux in Azure Marketplace
DevOps with Oguz Pastirmaci
- [09:47] - Visual Studio Online Renaming & Other Previews
- [11:28] - More on the Azure Container Service Preview
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
- [13:51] - OMS Alerting Public Preview
- [15:40] - New NAT Virtual Switch for Hyper-V
- [17:32] - Hyper-V Nested Virtualization and disabling VBS
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
- [19:37] - MAM without Enrollment for Devices
- [23:40] - Azure AD in the new Azure Portal and Support for Microsoft Graph
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.