The Ops Team is a new weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, Rick, Matt, Simon and Oguz make it into the studio, and, in an unlikely turn of events, all of the cameras and audio equipment actually worked! We couldn't believe it either!
In the news, Rick delivered his own version of Groundhog Day, by giving us pretty much the same news as last week, only in a slightly different order. Oguz reveals a new Linux on Azure certification along with some 'insights' into Application Insights. Matt brings up the awkward discussion of Windows Server licensing and the changes coming with Windows Server 2016, and finally, Simon updates the group on the release of System Center Configuration Manager, how it's been SaaSify'd and what's new in Azure RemoteApp!
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus
- [03:05] - Improvements in the Azure Backup Service and an Ask Me Anything session
- [04:26] - Azure Resource Manager support in OMS Automation runbooks
- [06:10] - Azure Container Service Preview
- [07:26] - Announcing availability of Debian GNU/Linux in Azure Marketplace
DevOps with Oguz Pastirmaci
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
- [22:24] - Release of System Center Configuration Manager 1511
- [26:57] - Azure RemoteApp November Announcements
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.