The Ops Team is a new weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, Rick, Matt, Simon and David make it into the studio, and, for the second week in a row, the cameras and audio equipment worked successfully! The one minor slip-up this week however, wasn't related to the AV equipment, but instead, David's inability to read emails, resulting in 3 Christmas sweaters, and 1 lumberjack-esque shirt.
In the news, Simon shares news about the latest Windows 10 build, along with how Microsoft deployed Windows 10 internally. Aside from the revelation that Rick has a fine art degree, the team learn about some new Azure resources now available on demand. In the world of OpsDev, David provides a number of useful resources including a new hands on lab, Azure Resource Manager templates, and also how your credentials can be managed by a git. Or was that with Git? Who knows! Finally, in the world of 'on-prem', Matt brings us up to speed with a selection of storage goodness, even stretching into a hybrid discussion, before wrapping up with updates on new Nano Server content.
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
- [03:07] - Release of Windows 10 Build 11082
- [04:30] - MSIT Windows 10 Internal Deployment Technical Case Study
- [06:34] - Microsoft Intune and Apple IOS 9.2
- [07:30] - A historical view of IT (and Rick's fine art degree)
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus
DevOps with David Tesar
- [16:46] - Release Management Service Hands-On-Lab
- [19:33] - Shameless plug for DevOps Dimension Episode on Channel 9
- [20:34] - Azure Release Management Template for App Insights Web Tests
- [21:35] - Git Credential Manager
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
- [23:46] - Announcing the StorSimple Virtual Array Preview
- [26:36] - SQLIO retired in favor of DSKSPD and Storage Spaces Testing Tools
- [27:41] - Storage Videos on Channel 9
- [28:41] - Updated Nano Server Course on the MVA
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.