The Ops Team is a weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, Matt, Simon and David make it into the studio, whilst Rick is confined to his new office, after a recent role change. Even without Rick present, the team managed to figure out how to control all of the AV equipment, which itself, is a miracle!
In this week's news...Simon brings us up to speed with the success of Azure AD Connect, and recaps a couple of the new devices announced at the recent CES conference. David shares news on some of the new Release Management content that's recently been released, along with a cool new DevOps video and some snippets on Automation. Rick breaks the news that his role is changing at Microsoft, and provides some insights into some of the projects he's working on. Finally, Matt spills the beans on the new Azure Stack Tech Preview 1 hardware requirements along with a new Hybrid IT Management Course on MVA.
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
- [02:18] - Azure AD Connect Momentum
- [04:33] - New Devices at CES from Samsung, Dell and Lenovo
- [06:16] - Windows 10 on over 200M Devices
DevOps with David Tesar
- [08:44] - New Release Management Course on Channel 9
- [09:15] - How the Release Management Team uses Release Management
- [10:59] - New Sam Guckenheimer video on how Microsoft does DevOps
- [11:36] - Textual vs. Graphical Runbook Authoring with OMS Automation
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus
- [14:12] - Rick's new job!
- [15:10] - Preview release of Azure Security Center
- [16:37] - Documentation Learning Paths
- [18:13] - New Tuesdays with Corey Episode
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.
Follow The Ops Team: Follow @TheOpsTeam