The Ops Team is a weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, the TriCaster (think fancy video recording equipment) has been stolen/borrowed by the Channel 9 team and has travelled to DevDays LATAM 2016, and as a result, David and Matt decide to record this episode of the Ops Team from a 'real datacenter'...In the news, Matt brings people up to speed with a new free IT Pro subscription to enhance learning, along with announcing the general availability of the Azure Container Service. David spreads the word on microservices, mobile DevOps as well as some Visual Studio news. Finally, Matt wraps up with some on-prem awesomeness, specifically a new Microsoft Virtual Academy Course on Cloud-Enabled Protection, and a host of new video resources including a cool new Windows Server 2016 video series.
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
Azure with Matt McSpirit
- [02:02] - Introducing Microsoft IT Pro Cloud Essentials
- [04:58] - General Availability of Azure Container Service
DevOps with David Tesar
- [08:57] - Introduction to Microservices
- [11:12] - DevOps Dimension Episode - Mobile DevOps
- [12:52] - Visual Studio Work Hub Improvements
- [14:12] - Visual Studio Release Management Planning Update
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
- [16:20] - 10 reasons you'll love Windows Server 2016 video series
- [17:39] - New video channels on Azure Stack and Windows Server
- [18:12] - MVA - Hybrid IT Management Part 2 - Cloud-Enabled Protection
Join The Ops Team! We're hiring!
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.
Follow The Ops Team: Follow @TheOpsTeam