The Ops Team is a (sometimes) weekly show where (occasionally) 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, Rick's gone again, and there's no sign of Simon, so Matt and the 'DevOpsBoyz' get together to bring you the news, unfortunately, the team suffer from a abnormal number of camera issues, from broken dongles, to camera's getting too hot, temperamental HDMI connectivity and more. Just about everything that could go wrong with the cameras, did go wrong, but stick with us through to the end! In the news, David shares some new DevOps Dimension videos, along with his views on Bi-Modal IT and new Visual Studio capabilities. Oguz talks Docker and Containers, along with some cool new support for frameworks on Nano Server. Matt shares some cool resources for learning about ARM, Automation DSC and the new Azure Test Drives, and for on-prem, brings you up to speed with new capabilities in Windows Server and the Server Management Tools.
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
DevOps with David Tesar
- [02:46] - Kanban is the new Bacon
- [03:46] - New DevOps Dimension Episodes
- [07:18] - Bi-Modal IT
- [09:10] - Cloning Release Definitions
DevOps and OSS with Ogus Pastirmaci
- [10:25] - Docker on Windows Server 2016 TP5
- [11:48] - Node.js, Python and Django on Nano Server
- [14:07] - PHP7 on Azure App Service
- [14:38] - MATLAB on Azure
Azure Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [17:20] - Azure Resource Manager MVA Course
- [18:08] - Azure Automation DSC Course from Ben Gelens
- [19:02] - SAP HANA on Azure
- [20:18] - Azure Test Drives
On-Prem Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [21:22] - Shielded VMs on Microsoft Mechanics
- [23:23] - Server Management Tools now includes Windows Update capabilities
- [24:06] - New videos on the Windows Server Channel, Containers Channel and Azure Stack Channel
- [26:05] - DevOps Days London videos
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.
Follow The Ops Team: Follow @TheOpsTeam