The Ops Team is a (sometimes) weekly show where (occasionally) 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, David's back, joining Matt and Oguz in the 'studio'. No camera issues again this week, our wall is now a lovely shade of yellow. You'd have never known there was a power box there. But we know the truth. In the news, David kicks off the show with some great resources on deploying .NET Core in Docker Containers, using feature Flags, integration with Jenkins, and an automated way to extract files. Matt brings us some great resources for architecting apps and workloads on Azure, along with some new Red Hat on Azure content. Oguz follows on with support for .NET on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, along with some new DNS Security Appliances on Azure. Finally, Matt rounds out the show with some great video interviews, Nano Server guidance, and a candidate for the longest URL in the world.
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
DevOps with David Tesar
- [02:26] - Deploying ASP.NET Core App using Docker Containers
- [03:18] - Effective Patterns for Feature Flags
- [06:26] - Jenkins VSTS Continuous Deployment Plugin
- [07:21] - A New Team Services build task to easily extract files
Azure Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [08:36] - Updated high availability and disaster recovery app design guidance
- [10:43] - Deploying and managing Red Hat solutions on Azure
DevOps and OSS with Oguz Pastirmaci
- [12:36] - Microsoft Announcements at DevNation - .NET on Linux
- [15:41] - Mesosphere Support for Azure Container Service
- [16:28] - DNS Security Appliances in Azure
On-Prem Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [17:59] - Video interview with Claus Joergensen about Storage Spaces Direct in TP5
- [19:35] - Deploying Nano Server with Ed Baker
- [20:33] - ARM Concepts in Azure Stack for the WAP Administrator
- [22:09] - DockerCon Interviews on Channel 9
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.