The Ops Team is a (sometimes) weekly show where (occasionally) 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, the team are in a new studio! After an extended time off, covering vacations, conferences and studio moves (and then even longer for Matt to edit the recording!) the team return to bring you up to speed with the latest (well, it was new at the time!) news and current info you need to know if you're in IT. David opens up with some news on enhancements to VSTS and some cool insight (sorry!) into telemetry around HockeyApp. Matt follows up with some Azure news, including some great Gartner recognition, migration tool news, and some powerful new GPU-VMs in Azure. Oguz steals the show with amazing PowerShell on Linux announcements and Matt brings us home with some on-prem updates for Azure Stack and Windows Server.
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
DevOps with David Tesar
- [02:01] - Visual Studio - Clone/Import/Export Release Definitions Marketplace Extensions
- [02:48] - Web App Deployment using ARM from Visual Studio
- [03:07] - July 29th Release for VSTS
- [04:32] - Mobile & Desktop Telemetry in Application Insights and HockeyApp
Azure Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [08:03] - Microsoft a Cloud Computing Leader by Gartner
- [09:22] - Migrating from Classic to ARM on Azure
- [11:05] - Azure N-Series VMs
- [12:18] - Alerting and Monitoring for Azure Backup
DevOps and OSS with Oguz Pastirmaci
On-Prem Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [19:36] - Azure Stack Updates
- [21:55] - Windows Server 2016 new Current Branch for Business servicing option
- [24:30] - Hybrid Cloud Management & Security
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.