The Ops Team is a weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, Matt, Simon, Rick and Oguz make it into the studio, but so do 4 'healthy drinks' courtesy of Rick. The concoction, consisting of ginger, lime, turmeric and ghost chili pepper, wasn't pleasant, trust us!
In this week's news...Matt brings the team up to speed with some new enhancements to Azure Site Recovery, DSC capabilities in OMS Automation along with a new cool eBook on OMS. Simon talks about the demise of older versions of Internet Explorer (before 11), along with the end of support for Windows 8. Rick shares some cool, new Linux-related info for running Linux on the Microsoft platform, and Oguz follows this nicely by delving deeper into some of the key Linux on Microsoft platform info, along with the announcement of the open sourcing of "Chaka Khan" :)
Here's all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
- [03:57] - Enhancements to Azure Site Recovery for VMware Environments
- [06:02] - DSC Enhancements in OMS Automation
- [07:24] - Free OMS Ebook
- [08:35] - Deploying Software Load Balancer with SCVMM
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
- [10:55] - The demise of older versions of IE
- [12:13] - Windows 8 End of Support
- [13:48] - Microsoft Build Conference - Already sold out!
- [14:41] - Brad Anderson's Lunch Break - Season 2
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus
DevOps and OSS with Oguz Pastirmaci
- [24:10] - Microsoft loves Linux - Linux configuration with PowerShell DSC
- [26:38] - Open Sourcing of ChakraCore
- [27:57] - DevOps Interview with Nordstrom on DevOps Dimension
- [28:41] - DevOps Fundamentals - Infrastructure as Code
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam.
Follow The Ops Team: Follow @TheOpsTeam