Download this episode
This week on Channel 9, Dan and Brian discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [00:32] Coding4Fun is now on Channel 9,including blog posts, articles, and projects, and friend of the show Greg Duncan will be a contributing blogger
- [01:45] Coding4Fun - Coding4Fun Windows Phone 7 Toolkit and the WindowsPhoneGeek Getting Started Guide
- [02:55] Rudi Grobler - Easily scan barcodes with a Windows Phone 7 using open source Silverlight port of ZXing barcode library
- [03:50] Prabu Arumugam - XAML Query CodePlex project - Like jQuery for XAML it simplifies traversing, finding, and updating XAML elements in a document/page, via Alvin Ashcraft
- [04:41] TPL Dataflow to coordinate asynchronous tasks (see Stephen Toub video), via Soma
- [05:58] Dryad (see Going Deep video) for writing data/compute intensive queries like image processing, and unrelateed to the D&D creature, via Soma
- [08:00] Sho, a fast/powerful tool for data analysis/visualization, via Soma
- [08:52] Data Developer Center - Reactive Extensions (Rx) has now graduated from Dev Labs
- [09:35] Server Core Team blog - .NET Framework 4.0 will be available as a Server Core installation option (Q1 of 2011), requires Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, via Bruce Kyle
- [10:08] Scott Guthrie - Web Farm Framework 2.0 (used to provision & manage a farm of web servers) isnow available for download
- [11:31] Scott Hanselman - Video of what's new in the Microsoft Web Platform
- [12:27] Malcolm Sheridan - How to create functions and helpers in WebMatrix
- [13:12] UBelly - Use EaselJs to build a picture gallery with HTML5 Canvas in 5 minutes
Picks of the week!
- [14:23] Dan's pick: Gorazd Breskvar - Visual Studio Achievements and we're building an add-in + service for this
- [15:56] Brian's pick: Brian Harry - MSDN Radio: Brian Harry discusses TFS Running on Azure
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.